Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2011

A Girl can Dream


As Bella says,"A girl can dream." No, I do not dream about becoming a monster or marrying a vampire. That would give my parents a severe heart attack. Just try to picture the scene- me telling my mom that I want to marry a guy who is a vampire  and is thirsting for my blood. My mom would definitely faint. I do not even dream about having a grand wedding like Prince Williams that day had. Oh boy what a wedding it was! I watched the whole ceremony on television. The bride was looking so beautiful. And the cake- it looked so yummy. My mouth watered just by looking at the image of the cake. 
Anyways thats not what I wanted to brag about. Sorry for changing my main topic.


Now-a-days I dream only about having a grand 18th birthday party.18th birthday is the most awaited day. One is legally eligible to get their hands behind the steering wheel of a car and to cast vote. We become adult and responsible no longer immature and juvenile minors. 


Though my 18th birthday is very-very far away. But as the they say "A girl can dream". I have already made a lot of plans for the "Party" withe the help of google. For the past few days I have been googling a lot about the themes for 18th birthday party. I shortlisted them to the following:- "Fairytale", "Pink and Black", "Alice in wonderland", "Bollywood Premiere", "Black and White".
After much thinking I have decided that "Pink and Black theme" would be the best. It is sophisticated,yet playful. It is practical as inexpensive pink and black items are easily found. Since every gal adores pink it is a perfect theme for a bunch of girl teens. I hope my friends would be thrilled to know about the theme. :)  I have already decided each and everything right from the decorations to my dress. The guest list is yet to be prepared :P




I will have the hall decorated with all pink balloons and black streamers. Tables will be decorated with black tablecloth as a base alongwith layers of pink. There would be pink stage lighting that casts the room in a pink hue.


Now comes the most important thing of all that is "Dress Code". A dress code for the party enhances its theme. It is the most vital and the trickiest choice to make. I had to use a lot of my brains to make the perfect choice. I have decided pink gowns(soo pretty and cute) or black dress(very stylish) or the combination of pink and black(looks wonderful). If anyone doesn't like this code, they can always come up with their great ideas(but it should go with the theme). I know my girlfriends know a lot about fashion.






Oh damn! Its so stupid of me. How can I forget about food. After all one goes to party to eat the delicious food. At least I go to parties for this particular reason(well, also to show off my new dress :P) My favourite cuisine is Vegetarian Indian and Continental. So the menu of my party will have the dishes especially prepared from the kitchen of India and Europe. In the starters Vegetable cutlet, Potato Wedges and Tomato soup will be served. For the main course:
Dal Panchratan(a Rajasthani dish), Matar Paneer, Butter naan and chapati, Baked Macroni and Cheese and Russian Salad. Shreekhand and Chocolate cake  will be ideal for the desserts. And of course mineral water will be available :P :D. Oh I am feeling so much hungry while picturing these delicious dishes in my head.


Now the most essential thing i.e. cake. Since my preferred flavor is chocolate so my birthday cake will be dark chocolate somewhat like this:
For any party we need guests.They are the ones who gives life to the party. To invite the guests a proper Invitation Card is to be prepared. Following are some of the samples of invitation card that I liked:




















Now I am going to tell you about that part of the activity which I enjoyed them most i.e. deciding my dress. Let me not bore you more. Lets come straight to the point. Following is  the dress which I want to wear on that special night:


It is elegant, decent, unique and just the thing that I need for the party.




I sincerely hope that my dream do come true.




















I take your leave now. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing. 
                                                                                                                   
 

1 comments:

Saksham Sinha said...

waaooo...it seems dat ur 18th birthday is gonna be awesome....hope u get wat u wish for on dat day....d dress(nysh choice btw,u will luk 2 pretty in dat....jaw-dropped ),d cake n food (so yummy),everythng dat 1 dreams about will be there in dat party....everyone will be enjoyn it 2 d core....n 1 more thng...*happy birthday in advance*. ;-)

Post a Comment